What is a parasite or worm?
A parasite is an organism that lives and feeds off living things, taking nourishment from the person and causing weakness and disease. There are different kinds of worms that a person can contract: a roundworm, tapeworm and pinworm.
How can a human contract worms or parasites?
- Poor hygiene - always wash your hands after using the restroom, and be certain to shower regularly. Teach your kids the importance of this too. Many children hate to wash their hands and bother with a bath, but it's important to teach them why we need to be clean. People of years gone by contracted and died from so many diseases, and most were the result of poor hygiene. Good hygiene, and not vaccinations, is the main reason that diseases were so greatly reduced years ago. I will do a series on vaccinations in the future, so keep a watch out for it!
- The eggs of a pinworm can be found on counter tops, toys, etc. The problem is, you can't see these microscopic eggs.
- Hookworms can be found in dirt and soil
Other ways are:
- Contaminated water
- Contaminated food
What are symptoms of having parasites?
- Anal Itching
- Grinding Teeth
- Bed Wetting
- Nose Bleeds
- With children, it often causes restlessness, nose picking
Who should do a parasite cleanse?
In my opinion, everyone. No one knows when they may have contracted a worm, and many, many people have small parasites living in them that cause health problems. It could be the reason you can't lose weight, can't sleep at night, have stomach problems, headaches, get sick easily, etc. etc. An extremely healthy person's body will naturally cleanse any parasites that it comes in contact with - but most people cannot cleanse parasites without the help of herbs or cleanses. If you've always (from infancy) eaten only the best diet of no processed flours, sugars, etc., and lots of fresh raw food, and taken very little or no prescription drugs, your body just might cleanse itself alone - but I don't believe most of us have always followed this type of lifestyle.
If you really want to do a serious cleanse, I highly recommend the Master Cleanse. Click here to read my experience with it. I guarantee you will lose weight with the Master Cleanse (this is not true with all cleanses), and I recommend also doing the parasite cleanse below.
How can we get rid of parasites? Here are a few parasite cleanse options that I use:
Parasite Cleanse - Mountain Meadow Herbs' Para-Rid.
This is a cleanse from the Bulk Herb Store.
This cleanse contains wormwood, black walnut, cloves, plus capsules. The cloves in this kit are whole, but can be easily ground into powder with a coffee grinder or mortar and pestle.
This is the simple routine that Shoshanna follows (taken from her website):
"Black Walnut capsules - size 00
- First day I take 1 capsule twice a day on an empty stomach.
- Second day I take 2 capsules twice a day on an empty stomach.
- Third day I take 2 capsules three times a day on an empty stomach.
Wormwood capsules - size 00
- First day I take 2 capsules 20 minutes before I eat.
- Second day I take 4 capsules 20 minutes before I eat.
- Third day I take 6 capsules 20 minutes before I eat.
- Fourth day I take 8 capsules 20 minutes before I eat.
- Fifth day I take 10 capsules 20 minutes before I eat.
- Sixth day I take 12 capsules 20 minutes before I eat.
- Seventh day I take 14 capsules 20 minutes before I eat.^
Cloves capsules - size "00"
- First day I take 1 capsules 3 times a day 20 minutes before I eat.
- Second day I take 2 capsules 3 times a day 20 minutes before I eat.
- Third day I take 3 capsules 3 times a day 20 minutes before I eat.
When it comes to kids, you may not want to give them an herbal concoction that tastes bad, and most of them do. Wormwood is one terrible tasting herb, and you cannot expect your kids to take it by itself. I like to mix 1 part maple syrup and 1 part herb. That helps with the taste. You can also give them a reward when they take it. I wrapped little things up and gave them to my son for the first ten times of taking herbal concoctions. This made him look at my herbal concoctions as “Good things”. Even though it tastes bad, and he no longer gets presents for taking them, he still takes them with a smile!!!
For children 40 to 65 LB, I do 1/4 the amount of an adult dose, and only do 14 days on, 7 day off, then 14 days, and then that is all.
For children 65 to 90 LB, I do 1/3 the amount of an adult dose, and only do 14 days on, 7 day off, then 14 days, and then that is all.
Do not exceed this recommendation."
*Click here to read Foods That Help Cleanse Parasites
Deep Roots At Home Day2Day Joys
*This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure.